LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Vintage Barbour waxed cotton jacket - size 34





I purchased this vintage Barbour jacket from an online seller in the autumn of 2009. It features all the good things you'd expect from a vintage Barbour jacket - handsome patina, gorgeous brass hardware, etc. But while I received many compliments on it, I never felt comfortable in it... It's just too big for me. I wore it maybe a dozen times last year, but it has remained in my closet since then.

Size 34 vintage (mid-80s) Barbour jacket
Chest: 21"
Collar to hem: 33"
Underarm to Cuff: 19"
Paid: $120
Asking: $120 incl. shipping to North America
Listing ends: April 9th

7 comments:

mr said...

hi, i'm unclear on the sizing-
what size do you usually wear in clothing/how tall are you? is there a way you could take a picture of it on? thanks!

m.rose

prefijomio at aol dot com

Sophie said...

I'm just under 5'5 and usually wear a size two (33-26-36). I can take a picture in the jacket later today/tomorrow. In my opinion, the jacket would look great on somebody 5'6 or taller. It's obviously a unisex piece, and would work well on a slender man too.

As to the sizing, it is pretty confusing. Why Barbour would label a jacket that measures 21" across a size 34, I have no idea!

mr said...

ah, i'm five feet, five and a half inches with close to your measurements, afraid it would be too big for me too. such a lovely jacket though! thanks for your prompt response!

John said...

Could you do $110? I'd love to get it off your hands!

jyk595 at gmail dot com

Thank you!

amy t. said...

...been wanting a barbour for rainy days! please add me

amythornton@earthlink.net

gwyn said...

I have been waiting for a barbour for rainy days!! Please count me in!!!
Horton.gwyneth@gmail.com
Thanks!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ever since my Driza-Bone jacket wore out, and the second coat of wax I put on it after it wore out wore out, I've been eying Barbour gear. Being a size 34 in jackets, I have a feeling this would be a good fit for me. It's even in the color I'd have picked. I'd do $120, coincidentally, no low-ball. Let me know! pressurewave@gmail.com