LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bilali swing top, size 6 / medium

Posting for Claire




Dear LoGErs,

In preparation for an upcoming move, I am weeding my closet of items I love but seldom wear.

Item: Bilali swing top, size 6 / medium.
Description: This is a lovely royal blue top with cape-like draping from now defunct UK label Bilali. The front seaming accentuates the ¾ length bell sleeves, while the back has a top, cape-like layer which drapes beautifully over the back (the top is constructed all of one piece). It has a retro 1940s yet thoroughly original style. I love it, but have rarely worn it – between 6 and 8 times. I hope someone else will give it the wear it deserves!

The top photos are mine; the bottom two catalog pictures illustrate the item worn, in particular the cape detail in the back.

Size & fabric: UK size 10, which equates to a US size 6 or medium. Runs true to size. Made of 70% viscose and 30% linen (without the usual stiff feel of the fabric). Feels and drapes like a soft cotton.

Condition: Excellent. No signs of wear. I removed the label in the collar because labels tend to irritate my skin, but the brand name appears on the care instruction label inside the garment.

Asking: Bought from Le Train Bleu for somewhere around $130; asking $75, domestic shipping included.

Listing ends one week from posting date. Please leave your email information in the comments section, or contact me directly at cyberclaire272@gmail.com. Thank you!

No comments: