LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

hidden spectrum tomber wrap dress, small



congrats Jing!

I fell madly in love with this dress when I first spotted it at Frances May in the spring. purchased to wear to a spring wedding, I've only worn it once and sadly it's hung beautifully in my closet ever since. it's one of the most flattering and unique dresses I've ever owned and I hope to pass it on to someone who'll get more wear from it!

label:
Hidden Spectrum, Vancouver BC

size:
small
bust - arm pit to arm pit 18"
waist - unstretched 11.5" across, stretched 15" across
length - longest 44", shortest 33"

details:
this gorgeous silvery grey variegated silk fabric is shiny on one side and more matte on the other. it's reversed to make two different effects on both sides of the dress. the 'wrap' attaches inside with a simple black button and wraps around to the front to a faceted black button. the silk twists over itself in the back creating a really cool look. the waist is elastic and stretches a fair amount.

imperfections:
there is a tiny oil mark on the front of the dress that I haven't tried to remove. you can see it in the first photo above my right knee. I didn't even realize it was there until I tried it on to photograph it. it sort of blends in with the variegated silk pattern so it's hardly noticeable but I'm sure dry cleaning would remove it. otherwise, it's PERFECT!

costs:
paid $335, asking $195 + shipping

listing end date:
october 14, 2010

3 comments:

meral said...

Hello. This dress is gorgeous! Would you mind providing measurements?

thanks!
Meral

alyson said...

as I mentioned in the listing, I haven't measured the dress. due to the wrap nature of the dress and elastic waist, I believe it to comfortably fit size 2-6. I'm a size 2/4, have a 35" inch bust, 28" waist and 37.5" hips. hope that helps!

jing said...

oh my god! i saw this at frances may as well and it was gone when i went back. would love another chance.

jingwang1853@gmail.com