LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Tuesday, October 5, 2010

ACNE HEX in "Radison" Wash sz 26/32


note: the color is most accurate in the photo above.

This is a pair of Acne Hex jeans in "Radison" wash -- a medium blue wash jean with minor fading detail in a medium weight denim.

From the Acne website: "Hex is a mid rise, straight legged skinny jean. The contoured waistband gives the perfect fit over the back. Made in stretch for a great fit."

I liked this model so much that after discovering them I sort of went crazy buying them at Stel's when they first came out - I'd always had such a hard time finding jeans that fit. And these did: at $300 a pop. Whoops.

Materials:
98% cotton, 2% elasthane
3/1 right hand twill
medium weight denim cotton

Measurements: label says 26/32. These run true to size in Acne, which means that they are equivalent to a 25 waist in most other brands of jeans. (And measure, in reality, 15" flat across the waist.)
Waist: 30"
Rise: 8.5" - Acne Hex has a higher rise than Kex
Inseam: 32"
Hem: 13"

Condition: excellent pre-owned condition. No rips, stains or tears. I bought this pair a size larger to "mix things up" since I had like 10 pairs in the size 25s. And then I decided that they were too big, and because the denim is less combed than other pairs I have, I thought they were best for Fall and Winter. All other times, they were too hot to wear. So I wore them like, say 3 or 4 times when I needed jeans under which I could also wear long underwear.

Paid: $299 + tax @ Stel's Boston
Asking: $65 + 5 shipping ($8 more to Canada.)

Listing end: October 13-- or if there are no takers by then, October 20 *leave email and paypal address in comments, and feel free to ask any and all questions about fit!

Also: in a previous listing in which I sold a pair of Acne Hex jeans, someone asked about fitting: here was my "procrastinating on my dissertation" answer:

"Good question. I think I can be useful when it comes to questions of fit in Acne jeans because most of my jeans are Acne (Hex), and I wear jeans it seems every day.

First, this particular pair are made in Turkey. Figuring out how to answer this question afforded me a reason to have a systematic look at my jeans. In a quick survey of my Acne jeans, I found that I had pairs that were made in Turkey (3), Romania (1), Portugal (3) and Korea (1).

In my experience, the origin of the jeans doesn't determine the sizing so much as what they cost originally, which is in turn linked to how much they were treated. So for example, Acne Hex that retailed for $299 were consistently bigger than the same size Hex that retailed for $249. So, my black pair ("Cash") and white pair that have no "scrapings" -- or what we know as "treatment," or whatever -- are a size smaller than the other pairs.

Yes. Confusing. This particular pair that is being sold is cut in a size that I think is most consistent for Acne Hex jeans, which means you should order a size up. So, if you are a 27 in other labels, you will be a 26 (or even 25) in this particular pair/sub-style of Acne Hex.

I really hope this helps!

Cheers,

tas"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this sounds like it would fit great. how tall are you by the way? did you have to alter them or are they the original inseam? caroline.chan49@gmail.com

MBD/TAS said...

Hi Caroline! I am 5'4" and rather than altering them, I tuck them under so that they retain the origin inseam measurement. I have so many jeans in rotation that I hardly ever got to these, except when I needed to wear long underwear...hope that helps.

Btw, I find that Acne jeans fit asian bodies well (I can't wear APC jeans for example, though I certainly have tried through the years...)

Anonymous said...

I know I've tried to wear APC jeans and it always ends in great discomfort.

These look like they'd be a great fit for me. Please count me in, I'd love to take them!

RL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.