LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Shaybelle Carpenter Dress

I bought this dress a little over two years ago from the now-defunct Etsy shop Shaybelle. It's made from a brown fabric (I feel like it's a wool blend, since it's thicker/heavier than cotton), with a "placket and stand collar, gathers at front and back" (it just occurred to me I forgot to photograph the back, but you can see an image of that in the original listing from the Shaybelle shop). Oh, and pockets! It has two side pockets, and also 3/4 sleeves. It's A-line, and I usually wore the pictured belt (from a She-Bible dress...belt not included in this listing) with the dress to add color and allow for a fuller shape on the bottom. It looks great with tights and is warm in the winter. And though Alyson chose a different fabric than I, you can see her in her Carpenter Dress here. Click on the photos for enlarged views! And sorry it's not ironed in these pictures...I'm super lazy : (

Label: Shaybelle (via Etsy, original listing for dress here)

Material: I feel like it's a wool blend, but the original listing says a cotton and linen blend (then again, I don't know fabric)

Color: Brown ("tobacco leaf brown")

Size: Medium (from shoulder to hem: 36"...if you want more of the measurements I provided her, feel free to leave a comment)

Price Paid: $89

Price Asking: $40 +$3 for domestic shipping (the difference for international shipping can be added)

Listing End Date: September 20th

10 comments:

alana said...

I would love to own this! alanacoates(at)gmail.com

whatwewantisfree said...

layla.gibbon at gmail would love to wear this in the fall!!

cmm2151 said...

I would LOVE it!

milnecaroline1 at gmail.com

Water said...

please sign me up -

thank you!
burberrybribble@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'll take it, it's mine.

michelle said...

how wide are the shoulders? I really love this dress! please pelase please

Imogen said...

Love the shape, weight and color. Please add me to the list. Thank you!
devawing[at]aol.com

Unknown said...

Let's pretend it's my birthday so I can buy something nice for myself...

kozimoto/gmail

amy t. said...

super great, i'd wear the heck out of it!

amythornton at earthlink dot net

Christine said...

I had this on my wishlist for a while!

reedy.6 (at) wright.edu