LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Sunday, September 5, 2010

Isabel Marant Most Wanted Pull Tab Avela Boots Dk Brown sz 37



Hi all,

I wanted to give LGE'ers a chance at these boots before I placed them on eBay, since I've made such good use of this site myself to pick up great clothes.

These are the very desirable Isabel Marant Pull-on Tall Scrunch Avela Boots. Of all the enviable boots produced by Isabel Marant each season, people are still looking for this model, and they are getting harder to come by. I've seen posts by devotees searching for the Avela boots on bulletin boards as recently as last month!

I am giving these up because I *always* get tripped up by French sizes; and this was the case with these boots. These are a FR 37, but they fit someone who wears a US 6.5 best (whereas I wear 7). I kept these because I was afraid that I would not find a pair in my size -- and so far I haven't, but it seems silly to keep a pair of shoes around that someone else could enjoy.


Size FR 37
Size conversions: US 6.5
Italian 36.5 - 37


Color: Rich, dark brown.

Condition: I have worn these fewer than 10 times - they are too short for my foot. That means they are not in perfect condition, but they could pass at a glance as new. There are no major flaws with this boot. I took a photo of one set of scratches that could seen potentially -- they are in the center of the last photo above. I've even had these winterized: the leather was conditioned and rubber added to the otherwise leather soles - the uge.

Measurements:
Outer sole 9 5/8"
Shaft at opening: 14 1/2"
Length of shaft 16"
Heel 1/4"

Paid: $650 at Impulse + $40 winterizing + $15 shipping = $705
Asking: $495 + 15 shipping in the US (without the box. I will ship them in sleepers.) Ask about shipping elsewhere. If they are not sold here, I'll probably list them on eBay next.

Listing end: September 12, 2010 -- shoot any questions you have my way... at the gmails!

No comments: