LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Friday, January 1, 2010

[relist, reduced] Marc Jacobs Kitten Heels Size 36.5

Marc Jacobs (*not* Marc by Marc Jacobs) Kitten Heel Slingbacks with Ribbon Trim




Hi all,

I posted these a while back, and I am re-posting because I think they they are actually a fantastic deal and that someone could really enjoy these. They are from the signature (main) not Marc by Marc Jacobs line for which I am embarrassed to say that I paid $425. (They weren't on sale - yikes!) Unfortunately, I wore them once to an indoors party, to which I walked a block from my apartment, and I realized that I had been talked into buying a pair of shoes that was a half size too small for me simply because I wanted them so badly.

These are quite sweet burgundy Marc Jacobs kitten heel sling backs with ribbon trim woven as a border. They are made of incredibly soft leather. There is almost no wear to the heel.

They are Size 36.5 and they run true to size.

Made in Italy

Condition: slight wear on soles. Almost no wear on heel! No scuffing on toe. Worn once.

Imperfections: there is a minor stain on the toe of the right shoe. I think it simply needs to be cleaned with a leather cleaner/polish but I have yet to try. If you look hard in the first photo, you'll see it's nearly impossible to see...it appears as a darkening in the leather. But it's for this reason I'm asking so much less than I paid. -- EDIT: I took this to a cobbler to remove the slight stain and it is now 98% gone.

Heel height: an easy 2"

This is such a great shoe. Whomever gets them will undoubtedly love these since they are so comfortable (if only they fit me...) I am really, really trying to reform my shopping ways. I think this is a start, and I feel fine about passing along shoes to someone who would love them.

Paid: $425
Asking: $65 including shipping ($5 more to Canada) This is REALLY a good deal for gorgeous butter soft nappa heels, purchased at the Marc Jacobs boutique, worn only once to an indoor party.

Listing end: January 6 (so you can begin wearing them as soon as possible), leave email in comments! If they are not taken by then, I will extend to January 12. Thanks!

No comments: