LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Thursday, November 26, 2009

[sold} Marni Patent Platform Heel Scrunch Boots New sz 37










Hi all,

I listed these on eBay and decided that I would rather list them here and ask for $250 less than I was asking for on eBay -- to avoid the hassle of selling on eBay mostly. And then it occurred to me that this would be a perfect item for trading.

Here they are -- they are authentic, from a Marni boutique in Japan (there are several.) It was a vacation + sale purchase, which meant, invariably, that I bought shoes that were too high for me, too expensive and too small. They are brand new, never worn.

Expensive lesson.

I paid something like $550 and on sale from $950 but am recently editing my closet to reflect the reality that I can't wear any heels above 3". I am asking $285 including shipping though I originally asked $495 to recoup my expense on eBay (both a bargain, really, for brand new Marni.) Another reason why I am asking for so little is simply that the box is big and is taking up and has been taking up a lot of space and I've been moving this box around my office for so long
(and I have even more books than clothes) I'm okay with selling it for such a reduced amount so long as someone will have a chance to enjoy it!

Color in picture #1 is most accurate.

I've attached the ad:

MARNI
$925
Patent Platform Mid-Calf Booties
Gathered at Opening
Pull-on
Characteristic Marni Almond Shaped Toe
Brand New in Box

Styling notes: wear these with skinny jeans, baggy khakis tucked into the boots, or a mini-dress!

condition: Brand New in Box -- never worn.
style: platform boot, hits at mid-calf
material: patent leather, heel covered in patent leather, leather sole
color: a steel grey anthracite -- a color I very much think of as "Marni Grey"!
size: Italian 37, US 6.5 (Runs true to size for Marni)
Comes in original box
Made in Italy

These boots would best fit someone who wears a US 6.5. They are comparable in size to a Christian Louboutin 37, Lanvin 37, YSL 37, Marc Jacobs 36.5 (have other questions about sizing? Feel free to msg me.) I wear 37.5 in Lanvin, YSL, Louboutin, Acne, Opening Ceremony and I think they are half a size too small for me.

Measurements
opening of boot: 14"
Calf (measured where boot gathers): 13" -- to determine if these will fit, measure your calf 6.5" from the base of the heel, since they are meant to loose around the calf, you do not need a very narrow calf for these boots to fit, but it would narrow is better than wide when it comes to this style.
Insole length (measured from bottom of shoe): 10" (insole is appx 9 5/8")
heel height: 4" including 1/4" platform
total height of boot: 13"

Paid: something like $550
Asking: $285 including shipping. A little more to Canada, a little more to Australia. I would
prefer to ship without the box, but if you would like the box, add $8 for shipping costs.

I will definitely accept trades for this item. (Golden Goose, Isabel Marant, Opening Ceremony, LD Tuttle, APC anything, Marni, Chloe and MJ, especially ballet flats. Just ask.)

Listing end: December 8, 2009. Leave email in comments. Email me with questions!

No comments: