LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Monday, July 1, 2013

MADEBYHANK foldover bag

 front of bag, closed

 back of bag (light lines are natural denim creases/wear)

 MADEBYHANK signature button; this color also better reflects the color of the denim

small blemish on leather; was there when bag was received


inside of bag (small patch pocket for change and other tiny items)


from the MADBYHANK blog; denim is closer to this color



MADEBYHANK foldover bag in denim polka dot. I bought this lovely, handmade bag in the fall of 2012. I saw it on OhJoy!, and knew my polka dot love had found a bag to match. I quickly recognized, however, that it was a little too small for my needs, and it has since languished in my closet.

Specifics:
Cotton denim (hand dotted with white paint) and leather. The strap and closure, and the corners are two different colors of brown leather. The top zips closed and has a leather tassel. The leather strap can be tucked in to make the bag a clutch.

There are some flaws in the leather (see the above photos) and a small flaw on the tassel on the zipper (it looks like maybe the leather was being embossed and that's the piece that was used? I don't know...) The bag was received like this, and I just think it's part of the bag being handmade!

The bag is a lightly padded (the description says there is a thin lining of felt inside), and is lined in a pretty cotton striped fabric. 

The size is nice:
opened flat - 11" wide, 11" tall
folded over - 10.5" wide, 6.5" tall
interior pocket - 5" wide, 4" tall
strap - about 47" long (can be worn over the shoulder, cross body, or tuck in the strap to make a clutch)

This bag is unused. I put a few items in it, and realized it was too small. I kept it, thinking I might size down, but didn't. This design is sold out on the website (I think very few were made!) and she is currently doing mostly leather bags.  I paid $69.00 plus shipping.

Asking: $48 plus shipping. Paypal only, please!

Please, feel free to ask me questions: mindorific (at) yahoo (dot) com

Leave your name and email if you are interested! Listing ends in one week, on July 8.


No comments: