LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vintage sweater by Scott Adie Ltd., London Tailors to the Royal Family



*posted on behalf of Katie*

Absolutely crazy perfect vintage sweater by "Scott Adie Ltd., London Tailors to the Royal Family." This sweater is kind of amazing, and from some research I just did I think it may actually be pretty rare as well (all the search results were very specific, like, English sites for aficionados of fine gentlemen's clothing from the 1920s and 30s). 
This sweater, while originally made for a man, has an amazing fit that I would liken to a modern women's size 4, with long, fitted sleeves that come a bit over the hands, a v-neck, and a fitted body that hits me just below the hipbones. Also, two functional pockets in the front (no closures on them), who can beat that? This was sold to me as being from the 1920s. I would say it hails from somewhere in the 1925-1935 area. Especially for something so old, it's very sturdy and in absolutely unbelievable condition, with just a couple of very tiny holes, one in the wrist of one sleeve, and two on the hem-- not noticeable, one is pictured. It's wool, but I have amazingly sensitive skin and it's not itchy or irritating in the least. Also, while warm, it's not very thick-- it's pretty much perfect. The only problem is that I've had it for about three years and very rarely wear it. Selling for $125.00 including shipping (which is a serious steal), I really hope it finds a good home here! Please email katiekentuckychambers@gmail.com with any questions or for more pictures. Listing ends in a week.


No comments: