LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Marni Wood/Cotton Necklace





Bought on Gilt for $100, plus shipping, a few weeks ago. Retails for $250. Never worn.

Consists of a cotton neon green cord (which is almost 62 inches long with a brown leather tab on either end) with large, wooden, rectangular faceted beads (not heavy). Each bead is 1.75 inches long, 1.25 inches wide. On one side the beads are smooth wood; on the other, they are painted white. You can flip 'em to different sides for different looks (see pics!). The cord is self-tie so the necklace can be worn at varying lengths.

I bought this with the intention of "Marnifying" my regular summer tanks. Plus, neon is big for this season, haven't you heard? This necklace immediately sold out on Gilt, but I kept the page open and kept hitting "refresh" so that whenever some poor inattentive soul allowed their ten-minute reserve to run out, I would pounce! And so it came to pass...

Only problem is, I rarely wear jewelery (as in: never). Of course I knew this when I bought it, but my powers of denial were peaking that day, and it was so pretty and so practical that I found it very easy to convince myself that it would revolutionize not only my entire summer wardrobe, but perhaps my life too.

So, here I am selling it. It will come with its box and dustbag. It's absolutely gorgeous. It will your revolutionize YOUR summer wardrobe! (Provided you wear jewelery.)

I would like to get what I paid for it ($100), but I will consider any reasonable offers too. Shipping included.

Please don't put your name down unless you are really interested-- I'm a busy woman!

Listing ends one week from now.

No comments: