LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chloé Silk Ruffled Pin-tuck Pleated Blouse US 2-4 (even 6) FR 40




Hi all,

I thought I see if there is anyone interested in this gorgeous CHLOÉ ruffled, pleated black silk blouse designed by Phoebe Philo I bought in Hong Kong at Lane Crawford (their Barneys.)

Like too many things, this is a piece I purchased desperately hoping that one day it would magically fit me. It was an incredible $1305 retail. I paid half price, which is still pretty shocking -- don't even ask how I rationalized this one.

This Chloé silk blouse has incredible pin-tuck pleating and ruffle details. Can be worn casually during the day into the evening, dressed up with a skirt or fitting trousers and heels -- I think it's a classic Chloé look from the most talented of Chloé's contemporary crop of designers, Phoebe Philo, who no longer designs for the label. To see larger photos of the extraordinary detailing, click here and click around.

Some things:
-Mandarin collar
-Pin-tucked pleated front, ruffled details on side and back
-Polyester. Silk trim and ruffles
-silk covered buttons, comes with extra button
-Size US 2-4/France 40
-Made in France

Condition: it is brand new with tags. I never took the tags off!

Styling notes: this is meant to be worn loose (see runway photo from style.com). In order to achieve the look shown on the runway with this particular blouse, you should normally wear a US sz 2. However, this French Sz 40 could accommodate up to a US 6 for a more snug fit (US 2-4 would be ideal). Would look great with skinny jeans, a pencil skirt, or trousers.

Why I'm giving this up: I've been taking this out of my closet and admiring it for years, while being too scared to wear such a nice piece of clothing. (The reality is that it's also too big, and I didn't want to let just any tailor touch it.) This is a long-standing problem of mine -- I am on a much more limited budget now, so I couldn't even afford to buy such things these days. The learning process is so excruciatingly slow.

This was the runway opening look in Fall 2005, but from what I see on La Garconne, it would look fantastic for Fall 2009. This is such a fabulous blouse -- it is not a "difficult" shirt in terms of styling. It could look incredible for a wide range of people.

Measurements (can be easily taken in the sides if too large):
Bust 36"
Shoulders 16"
Length 25"

Styling possibilities (keep in mind this shirt is 1-2 sizes too big for me in my opinion and so I am not the ideal model for this -- just the one closest at hand!):

With jeans:





With pencil skirtPaid: $650 at Lane Crawford in Hong Kong (discounted 50% from $1305)
Asking: $240 + $15 shipping ($5 more to Canada.) I am asking a little more than my other items because this blouse is new with tags and designed by Phoebe Philo, whose designs are now collectibles. And because I think it's worth even more!

Listing end: Sept 21. Leave email in comments! Be in touch if you need further details, or have questions...

2 comments:

laila said...

amazing blouse!can i buy it or i run out of time?

laila said...

...forgot the contact...pergiuls@hotmail.com