LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Original Helmut Lang Jean Jacket circa 1998 Brand New, Never Worn

Helmut Lang Denim Jacket, designed by Helmut Lang circa 1998. Never worn. Production date on tag. I folded the cuff up in the photo to show one way to wear the sleeve. Two pockets on the front.

Made in Italy.

About this jacket: I bought this from the Helmut Lang boutique on Greene Street, NYC in 1998. Is more "shapely" than "boxy" and features shirt-like styling.

Why I'm giving this up: I have a jacket "problem." This is an exquisitely made jacket I think deserves to be enjoyed and definitely looks cool now. I am also moving to an apartment in which I'll have less closet space.

Size: 38 (Size XS)

Material: 100% cotton denim. My recommendation for washing is to wear it until it's more dirty than you're comfortable with. Then dry clean, only (twice a year, max.) This is my favorite way to wear in raw denim. The results are incredible.

Measurements: (measured lying flat)
Bust: 18"
Length: 23"
Sleeve: 24"

Condition: Mint, never worn.

Paid: I remember paying in the low $200s for it back in 1998!

Asking: $50 + $8 shipping

Listing Ends: Saturday, August 10, 2009 (leave your email in the comments!)

7 comments:

lafemmenatita said...

'tis so cool!

lafemmenatita@gmail.com

Unknown said...

yes please!

weeroses at gmail dot com

Elise said...

love it!
eramsay@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi!



It's very cool that you are selling this jacket. A friend of mine bought the very same one years ago and I always regretted not buying too. I'll definitely buy it. Thanks!



Laura Wisman



ljmcdani at gmail dot com

ks04 said...

amazing! i would love this.

ks04 at hotmail dot com

(Kathleen)

Elise said...

was this sold? I'm still interested...

Ali said...

ITS SO COOL AND SUCH A LOVELY JACKET I LIKE IT....


Reflective Motorcycle Vests