LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Thursday, July 30, 2009

CHLOE Classic Velvet Wide Leg Trousers Burgundy sz 34 (0, 2)







The are fancy pants Chloé (by Phoebe Philo) tailored, wide leg trousers. They are the classic Chloé pant cut -- they are supposed to ride low on the waist and worn a little slouchy. Chloe brings out a version of this signature nearly every season.

Tab front. Two pockets. One back pocket. These are super high quality tailored pants and would be great for fall. This is a great chance for someone who has always wanted Chloé trousers but unwilling/unable to pay the insane prices.

To see how they were styled on the runway, see: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2002RTW-CHLOE/

Made in France

Why I'm giving this up: I have finally come to the conclusion that as much as I wish to wear slouchy pants, my legs are too short to really pull it off.

Size: French 34 - -don't be scared off! Because of the style and cut of the pant, they could fit up to a US size 2, easily. Check your measurements carefully.

Material: Burgundy velvet.

Measurements: (measured lying flat)
Waist: 15"
Rise: 10"
Inseam: 29.5"
Length (measured along outer seam): 39"

Don't be scared off by the seemingly short inseam. (I am wearing 4" wedges in the top photo.) To tell if these will fit, measure where from your hipbone to the ground. I had these altered (they were insanely long) so that they would nearly reach the floor if I wore boots with a 4" heel. For me, they are still too long.

Condition: altered. I think I wore them inside my own house but never out because there is still the plastic tag (from the price tag) on waist band. Note: I got a mysterious spot (it looks like it could have been honey) on the leg of the pant -- I bet this would come out with dry washing, but I haven't tried it. I am sure it could be treated at home, too, since it's not a burn or anything that has damaged the fabric, but I dare not try to treat it myself.

No wear, mint condition otherwise.

It is 1" from the bottom of the pant leg, so if you plan to alter the pant anyhow, it will be a non-issue.

Paid: $395 -- they were originally $695!

Asking: $60 + 5 shipping.

Listing Ends: Saturday, August 10, 2009 (leave your email in the comments!)

1 comment:

Q_9 said...

i'm in. thanks.

qingyang9@gmail.com