LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Monday, November 5, 2012

Sven Shearling Clog Boot





For sale is a used pair of Sven shearling clog boots, hand made in the U.S., the perfect boot for fall, winter, and spring. I am selling these boots simply because they are too narrow for me (see "measurements," below) and I want someone else to be able to enjoy them. They're amazing boots - fantastic for any occasion, really - and I plan to buy an identical pair, metallic detailing and all.

They were purchased in November of 2011 and were used approximately ten times this past winter.

Size: 36

Color: natural (toffee) brown. Note that the leather strip and pull tab at the back of the boot is a metallic gold.

Measurements: These boots have a medium (2.25") heel and measure 11" from top of heel to opening of boot. The most important thing to know about these boots is that they are pretty narrow, and I would say that they would be perfect for someone who is a size 5 - 5.5 and has relatively narrow feet. I have wide feet - and they are wider now since I had a child - which is the reason I am selling them (and buying another pair, one size up, sigh). If you are a size 34/35 in Sven clogs and have narrow feet, this boot will probably fit you.

Condition: The shearling is in pristine condition, and the exterior of the shoe shows some wear (see pictures). In particular, the rubber sole at the front of the left toe could stand to be re-glued (probably $10 at a reasonable shoe repair place). All in all, though, they are in very good used condition and have been well cared for (wiped down after rain, oiled, etc.). These boots definitely have many more winters left in them. The pictures give you a sense of the condition of the shearling (gorgeous) and the condition of the sole at the front of each boot. For those of you who are wondering, since many people wear these boots without socks, I always wore thin socks in them - the reason being that it was the only way I could easily slide my feet into the boots (given that I have some pretty wide feet).

Price: These boots retail for $380 in Brooklyn. I bought them from Gravel & Gold in San Francisco for $190 + shipping. I am selling them for $125 + $20 shipping (US only)

You can see the manufacturer's website at  www.svensclogs.com . Handmade in USA.

Please direct any inquiries to: miehaya [at] gmail.com

No comments: