LoGE is moving to Instagram (thegeneraleconomy)

1. Fast fashion posts will be deleted immediately at the discretion of the editors (Erica and Carissa (cupcakewalker)
Examples include pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Gap, Old Navy, Express, American Apparel (this is not an exhaustive list).

2. Pricing guidelines: Don't ask for more than you paid. If it's a current season item, I usually offer at least a 30% discount. Any posts that seem profit-motivated will be deleted. If it's obviously worn or more than 1 year old, I offer at least 50-60% discount of the paid price (not the original price).

3. I will only list 3 items per seller at a time

4. If you don't leave your contact info in the comments, you will not be eligible.

5. Only serious buyers, please! The buyer has 1 business day to pay or make arrangements.

6. If you have participated in LoGE in the past and would like to help me post items, please email me to make arrangements using a shared gmail account.


Friday, October 9, 2009

Marc Jacobs Signature Line "Padlock Stachel" in tumbled Calf Leather w/ key in Cloche (leather key holder)- Brand New














This is a Padlock Satchel from Marc Jacobs' signature line in a "peony" tumbled calf leather.

Since it's not from the Marc by Marc Jacobs line, it's made in Italy. The quality and detail are sublime.

It has been loved and carefully tended to and *sob* it's brand new.

Quick back story: I always get a little depressed when I pull this bag out of my closet. I'd been traveling/working in another country when I saw this in a magazine. When I came home, I immediately called the San Francisco boutique on Maiden Lane to order it (along with a coat) because they didn't have it in the New York store. I had to return one thing, so I chose the coat (they were snippity about it, too!)

I have this habit of putting my really nice, expensive stuff away because I'm too scared to use them and then I pull them out once a month to admire them.
Italic
Bad habit. The result: I have a closet of really nice things that I've never allowed myself to use, and further, and a bit of a neurotic habit to break.

So I'm trying to sell the brand new things I've squirreled away -- it's just a shame my nice things don't get used. The plus side is that everything I store is in perfect condition, in its original wrappings and sleeper bags.

The zippers and pulls on this bag, for example, are still wrapped in its original tissue paper. The cloche for the key (which is permanently attached by leather strap to the bag) is still wrapped its original plastic. There is nary a scratch on the bag. The interior is still stuffed with its original tissue paper, too.

Measurements: 11.5" x 8" x 6" (depth)
Handles: are adjustable. From the longest rivets, they are 23", 21" or 19". At its longest, the handle drop is 8".

The interior is full of detail. There are, in total, three pockets. There is a center dividing pocket with heavy metal polished silver pulls. It is in a cream canvas. The bag is lined in white suede. The contrast stitching is white. There is an interior change pocket. The last pocket is exterior to the bag but under the flap.

The flap is secured by a lock that locks using a key enclosed in a leather cloche, which is attached to the bag.

Paid: I paid full retail for this bag $875 + shipping. Yes. Seriously.

Asking: $400 including shipping - add a few dollars for shipping to Canada and Australia.

The photos I have included here are my own, so no surprises. The bag will come in this perfect condition, with its original sleeper. I think that brand new Marc Jacobs bags (not from the secondary line) are rarely found for the price I'm asking. I just hope that someone will get to enjoy a bag I took care of so lovingly, since I couldn't allow myself to! (Sigh)

Note: the color in the first photo best captures the actual color of the bag.

Listing end: October 29, 2009. If you are interested, leave your contact info in the comments! I really, really hope I can find someone to whom I can pass it on. Feeling more sentimental about this than usual, which is to say, a lot.

Feel free to ask questions, too -- my email tienshih at gmail

1 comment:

nycrun said...

nice detail shots and description. you put in a lot of work in to this
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com